About Zovirax 200 mg
Zovirax 200mg belongs to a class of antiviral agents that consist of antiviral properties. The class of antiviral medication inhibits the growth of viruses and avoids their multiplication in human cells that are the main causes of all viral infections.
This medicine is taken in use for treating various viral infections like herpes simplex, genital herpes infection, herpes labialis, shingles, and chickenpox. The medication greatly helps humans to achieve relief from various viral infections of body parts. The medicine is suggested by doctors to lessen various viral infections.
Patients are advised to take this medication as per the doctor’s prescription. Make sure to never consume the medicine according to your choice, as it can affect your health and cause serious consequences.
Zovirax 200 mg Composition
Aciclovir is the active ingredient in Zovirax 200mg. The medication is completely different from the steroids class. Aciclovir portrays antiviral properties. The component Aciclovir of the medication is vastly used to lower various viral infections. It is the only component present in the medication that fights all viral infections.
Zovirax 200 mg Manufacturer
This medication is manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. This trustworthy company came into action in 2000. The main aim of this reputed company is to provide better healthcare facilities and it manufactures essential medicines that are not easy to manufacture. This private and giant company’s headquarters is located in London and has witnessed enormous growth.
Uses of Zovirax 200 mg
- This medication is taken in use for the human body. The medication is taken in use for the treatment of various viral infections.
- The medication is taken in use for the treatment of various viral infections such as genital herpes infection, herpes simplex virus infection, shingles, chickenpox, and herpes labialis.
- The medication provides relief from various skin conditions like itching, pain, tingling, and burning.
- This medicine is used to treat rashes and itching problems to a great extent.
- This medication is taken in use to treat various severe viral infections caused by viruses.
- It avoids the spread of various viral infections that can affect various body organs and skin also.
How Does Zovirax 200 mg Work?
Zovirax 200mg includes an Aciclovir component that has antifungal properties. The component avoids the multiplication of viruses in human cells and this stops the virus from producing more new viruses. Due to this activity of the medication the infection totally clears off. It prevents skin conditions like itching, burning, and tingling.
How to Take Zovirax 200 mg?
Consume this medicine in the prescribed dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Always check the label for directions before using it. Gulp the medicine as a whole and don’t break or chew the medication. Take a glass of water and dissolve the medicine into it and then take it. It can be consumed with or without food, but it is advised to take it at a fixed time. Your doctor prescribes the medicine and gives you directions on how to take the medication.
The medication also comes in syrup and cream form. In the case of syrup, drink it for the duration and dose as given by the doctor. While in cream form apply it to the affected area as prescribed by the doctor. Patients need to take the medication at the prescribed time to get better results. Never stop the dose till the doctor tells you to do so. Don’t consume the medicine more than the prescribed amount, as it only increases the risk of various side effects.
Medicine overdose can result in nausea and dizziness if taken by mistake. And these types of interactions are proven, so patients should not recommend this medicine to anyone else without the concern of the doctor.
You don’t have the right to lessen or increase the dose without a doctor’s suggestion. Seek medical help as soon as possible if you have consumed too much medication. Never consume the medicine regularly without the consent of a doctor.
It is not advisable to skip the medicine even if you feel better and it is very important to complete the course of this medication as given by the doctor. Whenever your doctor suggests you stop the medication, listen to their instructions.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
If a patient misses any dose of Zovirax 200mg, then that patient is recommended to consume the medicine as soon as possible. However, if you missed the previous dose and it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and return to your normal schedule. Do not consume double the dose to compensate.
Side Effects of Zovirax 200 mg
Various side effects do not need any medical help and they vanish off as your body adapts to the drug. If the side effects continue, consult with your doctor.
- Bumpy rash.
- Breathing difficulty.
- Sun rash.
- Stomach pain.
- Weight loss.
Drug Interactions of Zovirax 200 mg
- Use of Aciclovir and Abacavir should not be consumed at one time. It can result in various other diseases.
- This medication should not be taken in use with probenecid, which is used to prevent gout.
- Avoid the use of this medication with cimetidine, which is used to treat gastric ulcers.
- Various medicines can affect the working of Zovirax 200mg and can lessen the medicine effect.
- Talk with your doctor about every medicine you are taking besides this medication.
- If you are a person suffering from hallucinations and muscle cramps then don’t take this medication.
- Consuming this medication with other medicines can cause harm and also some severe side effects.
- Don’t skip any dose of the medicine and make sure to complete the full course even if you feel better.
- It is not known yet whether it is safe to take alcohol with the medication, so consult with your doctor.
- This medication is considered safe to take in pregnancy if prescribed. Although limited information is there in humans, animal studies have shown less or no adverse effects.
- The medication is safe to consume during breastfeeding if prescribed. Studies show no drug is passed into breast milk and it is safe for babies.
- Zovirax 200mg does not show any influence on your driving.
- Kidney patients should consume this medicine as per the doctor’s advice.
- Tell the doctor if the problem does not vanish off in four weeks of treatment.
- Drink lots of water during treatment with this medicine as it helps you to avoid dehydration.
How to Store it?
The medication should be stored at a temperature not going above 25°C. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Don’t keep the medication in heat and sunlight. Store the medication in a dry and cool place. Put the medication in its original packet to protect it from moisture.
Zovirax 200 mg Review
Zovirax 200mg medication is the common medicine that is consumed for various viral infections. Patients should abide by the drug as prescribed by the doctor. One should not start or stop taking this medicine without the permission of the doctor. Proper use and adequate dose are required to treat various viral infections.