About Veenat 400 Mg
This medicine is prescribed to treat cancers of the blood like chronic myeloid leukaemia and acute lymphocytic leukaemia. It is also used to treat the tumour of gastrointestinal stromal. This medicine is supplied throughout the country and the patients can purchase it from online service providers or from their regular pharmacy.
Veenat 400 Mg Composition
Imatinib mesylate Is the drug that is present in this medicine in 400 mg concentration. It is a Benzanilides Derivative, And antineoplastic drug and mainly it is a part of the group of drugs called tyrosine kinase inhibitors. This truck is not a habit-forming drug and it is also safe for use by the patients.
Veenat 400 Mg Manufacturer
Natco Pharma Limited is an Indian pharmaceutical company that has manufactured this medicine. Its founder is VC Nannapaneni and it was founded in 1981. It has its headquarters in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. It is a well-known company that manufactures Oncology medicines in India.
Uses of Veenat 400 Mg
This medicine is used to treat-
- Blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia)
- Blood cancer (Acute lymphocytic leukaemia)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
Chronic myeloid leukaemia and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia are both cancers of the blood-forming tissues. They reduce the ability of the body to fight infections and their causative organisms effectively. The role of this medicine in this disease is to kill the cancer cells to prevent their growth, multiplication and further metastasise.
It has a similar role in gastrointestinal stromal tumours which occurs mainly in the stomach and the small intestine where the specialised cells known as interstitial cells of Cajal are present.
How Does Veenat 400 Mg Work?
This medicine induces apoptosis or programmed cell death in cancer cells or bcr-abl Positive cells. This is how it inhibits the proliferation of the protein enzyme called bcr-abl tyrosine kinase Which causes the growth and proliferation of abnormal cancer cells. It is an anti-cancer medication.
How to Take Veenat 400 Mg?
Take this medicine according to the dosage schedule that your doctor must have given you. Other than that, take this medicine with plenty of water and swallow it whole without breaking, chewing or crushing it. Taking this medicine at the same time every day will improve its efficiency. Also, it will be better if you take this medicine with food.
It is very important that you strictly follow the dosage schedule prescribed to you by a medical health practitioner to ensure the potency, safety and efficacy of the medicine and to reduce its toxic side effects. You’re too switches customised strictly according to your needs based on your symptoms so only follow what the doctor must have told you and do not pay attention to hearsay.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
In the event that you do not remember to take a particular dose of this medicine, you can take it when you remember about it for as long as the time for the next dose is not close.
Because the time for the next door has already come very near, taking double doses to compensate for a missing one will lead to overdosing and it can be very harmful. It will be better if you skip the missed dose and start following the normal dosage routine.
Side Effects of Veenat 400 Mg
- Bleeding from the wound after surgery
- Bloating or generalized swelling or swelling of a particular limb or face
- Blood in the urine
- Bloody eye and nose and gums and other bleeding problems
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Blurred vision
- Body aches or pain
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Muscle cramp
- Bone, joint or muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
Drug Interactions of Veenat 400 Mg
Various drugs interact with each other both qualitatively and quantitatively. This interaction can have both positive and negative impacts on the body and on the health concern of the patient. A doctor knows about these interactions and he will be a be to guide you properly throughout your treatment so it will do you good to keep him well informed about all the medications that you may be taking or may have taken previously.
- Metoprolol Succinate ER
- Metoprolol Tartrate
- Sone acetaminophen
- Plaquenil or hydroxychloroquine
- Synthroid or levothyroxine
- Tylenol Extra Strength
- Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin
- Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol
- Zofran or ondansetron
- Some diseases may get worsened if this medicine is taken by the patients and it is contraindicated for use in the Patients of those diseases. These diseases include cardiovascular disease, Fluid retention, Bone marrow suppression, Gastrointestinal disorders, Hepatic impairment, Hypothyroidism and Renal impairment.
- If a patient is allergic to any of the contents of this medicine then discontinue the use immediately and inform the doctor about the hypersensitivity.
- Continue taking your medication timely for as long as your doctor tells you to in the prescribed method. Do not alter the doses or the duration of the treatment without consulting it with your doctor first.
- Attend all the follow-ups on time and get all the blood tests and organ function tests on time. These are all important to regulate and monitor the effects of the medicine on your body and to manage your dosage and treatment duration further.
- Overdosing on this medicine can lead to some serious and unwanted side effects.
- It is important for the patients to note that this medicine may not start showing its effect immediately and may take about a few weeks to 2 months before it starts showing its effects. So do not doubt the efficacy of this medicine before you complete your medication schedule.
- Any unexpected and rapid changes like a gain in weight need to be reported to the doctor immediately.
- This medicine is strictly not supposed to be used by those patients who are suffering from a bleeding disorder.
- Pregnant women and women who are nursing a young one should not use this medicine.
- Consumption of alcohol along with this medicine will affect your mental focus negatively and it will lead to the development of symptoms like dizziness and blurry vision.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if your vision and focus are getting severely disrupted by the use of this medicine then do not drive and do not operate heavy machinery until these symptoms subside to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you and report this to your doctor.
How to Store?
You should store this medicine in a clean, dry, cool and dark place at a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees Celsius or you can simply store it at room temperature. Do not refrigerate it.
Properly storing the medicine is important to maintain the efficacy of the medicine for a longer time. Keep it safe from children and from pets because they can either damage the medicine mistakenly or they can ingest it and this can be very bad for them.
Veenat 400 Mg Review
As far as the reviews of this medicine are concerned, they are all claiming that the effects of this medicine are very promising and using this medicine in your treatment is totally worth it. It will provide relief to the patients without fail. It is also well-tolerated in patients and the side effects of this medicine are not that dangerous.