What is Seroflo Inhaler?
A combination of salmeterol and fluticasone, Seroflo is a prescription drug to help prevent breathing problems such as asthma. Only after a proper prescription and as directed by your doctor should this medication be used.
The Inhaler is an aerosol canister with a dose counter.
Fluticasone is a steroid that reduces swelling in the airways, and salmeterol is long-acting beta-agonists (LABAs) that relax and open the airways in the lungs, making it easier to breathe.
What are the ingredients present in Seroflo Inhaler?
- Fluticasone propionate, salmeterol xinafoate
- Propellant HFA-134a
Not used to relieve sudden breathing problems. They are used for asthmatic patients. FLUTICASONE treats Asthma, Allergic Rhinitis. It is generally used to address symptoms like Breathing difficulty, Cough, Shortness Of Breath, etc. SALMETEROL treats Asthma, COPD, Bronchitis, Chronic. It is generally used to address symptoms like Difficulty Breathing.
How does Seroflo Inhaler treat breathing issues?
Seroflo Inhaler treats a patient with respiratory disease. Provides relief from cramping. It relaxes and expands the muscles in the airways so that a person can breathe appropriately without any difficulty. Two inhalations are usually recommended every 4 to 6 hours for adults and children four years of age. Some patients also have one inhalation every 4 hours.
Usually, these issues occur as the body’s airways tend to swell due to the release of certain chemicals. Hence Seroflo Inhaler controls the secretion of these chemicals, due to which the walls of the airways do not swell.
Directions for Use
The steps to follow are:
- Shake the inhaler correctly.
- Squeeze the inhaler once to release the medication while breathing in through the mouth and holding your breath for 10 seconds.
- The number of puffs should be taken as suggested by the doctors.
Seroflo Inhaler helps with breathing because it stops certain chemical messengers that cause swelling (inflammation) in the airways.
Every medication requires an appropriate mechanism to be followed because it is necessary.
- When it comes to Seroflo Dose, it is a good idea to try and test your inhaler for the first time in front of a doctor.
- Before any use, read the instructions carefully.
- It is recommended to rinse your mouth after each use as it prevents infection in the mouth and throat
How long it takes for Seroflo Inhaler to Work?
To obtain the best benefits, the patient should take SEROFLO INHALER daily. It should be avoided at life-threatening times. The inhaler should be administered with caution to patients with tuberculosis.
Patients should be asked to continue treatment with medical advice if symptoms are uncontrollable or exacerbated by inhaler use. Asthma treatment should not be stopped suddenly because it can be life-threatening. Treatment should be done under the appropriate directions of a physician.
What are the Dosage instructions for Seroflo Inhaler?
It is the primary issue that arises when the patient has less knowledge about using the drug. If the patient takes an overdose, he should contact his doctor immediately or reach the nearest hospital to avoid serious complications.
Inhalation of acute propionate doses in excess might affect adrenal function temporarily.
Suppose you have missed a dose. Then try to consume it as you remember. Don’t skip the missed dose if it is time to take your next dose. So you don’t miss the schedule.
Mechanism of Action
seroflo inhaler is a combination of salmeterol and fluticasone propionate that works differently. The means of action there are discussed below.
It is a long-acting (12 h) β2-adrenergic receptor agonist and has a long side chain that binds to the site.
It has a glucocorticoid anti-inflammatory effect inside the lungs, which helps in reducing asthma symptoms.
Adverse Side effects
Since your body adapts to new medications, side effects sometimes do not require any medical care.
Effects are as follow:
- Respiratory tract infection
- Fungal infections in the mouth
- Hoarseness of voice
- Sore throat,
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Increased heart rate.
- Liver might get effected
- Increased blood pressure
- Chest pain
- A fast or irregular heartbeat
- Effects on the nervous system.
- Hoarseness and voice changes
Symptoms of adrenal insufficiency:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low Energy
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
Rarer side effects can avoid situations that worsen your asthma (your triggers) and try not to smoke.
Warnings and Precautions
Avoid this medicine during pregnancy unless your doctor prescribes it.
Avoid the use of the Inhaler if you are breastfeeding your baby. Only to use when prescribed by the doctor.
The doctor should know your health history, and these are the few of them that needs to be communicated clearly with him.
- If you are a diabetic patient.
- Suffering from a Thyroid disorder.
- Any fungal, bacterial or viral infections that you are suffering or had in the past.
- High blood pressure patient.
- Levels of potassium are low in the blood.
- Pregnant or planning the same.
- Other steroid medicine you are taking orally.
- Have an eye problem
- Exposed to chickenpox
- Have seizures
- The inhaler should be stored where the temperature is below 30°C.
- Avoid freezing it.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- When it is empty, try not to break it
- Avoid contact with the eyes
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- Use a dry cotton swab to clean the inhaler once every week, after the evening dose
Who should not take it?
The Seroflo inhaler should not be taken when:
- Pregnant women’s should avoid taking this inhaler.
- If you have a drinking problem, you must consult with the doctor.
- Women’s who are breastfeeding should avoid this.
- Need to try to..relieve from sudden breathing problems
- Shouldn’t be used to rescue the patient from sudden troubles
- If you are allergic to the key ingredients of the inhaler.
- If you had a seizure in the past.
- Eye problem
- Have weakness in the bones.
- If you have Liver problems.
The effectiveness of seroflo (combination of fluticasone and salmeterol) in children younger than four years has not been established.
Why buy Seroflo Inhaler at Medicationplace.com?
- We guarantee that the medicines are 100% original.
- One-stop shop for all your medicines.
- We deliver well-packed products at your doorstep.
- We offer good discounts and a good range of values to our customers every time. Also, you can check out our unique charts.
- Hassle-free connectivity with easy browsing from the comfort of your home.
- You can track the order and check all your orders and invoices
Does Seroflo Dose Inhaler get addictive?
The inhaler is not at all addictive. It is one of the most effective medicines for people who have difficulty breathing because of asthma and COPD.
Does the Inhaler contain steroids?
Yes, there are steroids in the inhaler that are effective and improve breathing issues. The inhalers have more minor side effects as compared to tablets or injections.
Are there any precautions that should be taken while using an Inhaler?
- Always keep Inhaler with you.
- Ensure you are using it correctly.
- If you see any symptoms, inform your doctor about them.
- After using the inhaler, make sure to rinse your mouth after 15 minutes.
- Keep good oral hygiene.
Should I stop using the Inhaler When there are no more symptoms?
It is advised not to stop using the inhaler on your own. Get yourself checked first by a doctor, and only after proper guidance tries to stop or start taking the medication.
Is it safe for children?
It is not at all recommended for children that are less than four years.
Should the inhaler be used when the patient suddenly has a problem In breathing?
It is advised to keep a separate rescue inhaler every time with you as the regular inhalers tend to work late.
Seroflo Inhaler Alternatives
Here are some of the alternatives that can be used instead of Seroflo Inhaler :
- Airtec SF 250mcg Inhaler
- Flutrol- 250 inhaler
- Forair-250 inhaler
- Combitide- 250 inhaler
- Seretide 250 Evohaler
- Quikhale SF 250 HFA Based Inhaler
- Ibiflo-S 250 Nexhaler
- Combiwave SF 25 mcg/250 mcg Inhaler
This medicine should be used for inhalation purposes only. Use caution, do not swallow the tablet, and use the inhaler simultaneously each day. Since it takes time to work, it should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Rinse your mouth often to maintain oral hygiene.
The inhaler should be only used if it is appropriately prescribed after a complete examination of the patient.
A seroflo inhaler is an excellent medication that treats the breathing issue in a person who cannot breathe by relaxing the airway. You can get the inhaler from usuallytoMedicationplace.com.