About Rifagut 550 Mg
This medicine comes under the category of antibiotics or antibacterials and helps in the treatment of diseases caused by E Coli bacteria. Therefore, this medicine is taken in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy, a condition in which the liver doesn’t function properly to get rid of harmful toxins from the blood, which leads to brain damage.
Moreover, it is also used to treat irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea in children and adults. This medicine works on bowel working and avoids infection. This medication can be taken in combination with other medicines or alone that contain a laxative known as lactulose.
Rifagut 550 Mg Composition
Rifaximin acts as the major component of this medicine and is present in 550 Mg concentration. This medicine is an oral consuming antibiotic or antibacterial drug used in the proper treatment of bacterial infections in children and adults.
This medicine is also known as an antibacterial drug and stops bacterial infection to a large extent. This medication causes inhibition of the growth of bacterial cells. This medicine is an antibiotic medication that treats the patient properly.
Rifagut 550 Mg Manufacturer
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd is the manufacturer of this medicine that is a very reputed and popular company worldwide. Sun Pharma is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company that sells and manufactures medicines in abundance. Its headquarters are located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
This reputed company sells active pharmaceutical ingredients and pharmaceutical formulations mainly in the United States and India. The company serves the healthcare industry with a tremendous variety of medicines that could help patients to get better quickly.
Uses of Rifagut 550 Mg
- This medicine is taken to treat traveler’s diarrhea, which is caused by non-invasive strains of E.coli. It is not used for diarrhea treatment with any other bacteria strain.
- The medication is used to treat hepatic encephalopathy – a serious liver disease that causes changes in brain function.
- It lowers down the risk of tremors, confusion, sleep problems, and loss of consciousness due to hepatic encephalopathy.
- Also used in treating irritable bowel syndrome along with diarrhea in adults.
- In lowering the level of ammonia-producing bacteria that could harm the brain.
- In the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Does Rifagut 550 Mg Work?
This medicine is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that shows its effects against anaerobic and aerobic bacteria, gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, and ammonia-producing bacteria. This medicine is very effective against hepatic encephalopathy and various other bacterial diseases.
It acts as a gastrointestinal selective antibiotic along with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity. Inhibition or suppression of toxic microorganisms in the tract wall also lessens symptoms of bowel syndrome such as bloating, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and constipation.
What this medicine does is that it entirely kill ammonia-producing bacteria present in the digestive tract. Due to this activity, bacterial multiplication stops which leads to the killing of bacteria. And, as the medicine passes through the intestines without getting absorbed in the bloodstream, it effectively treats bacterial infections.
This would avoid the spread of infections and lessen the symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy. It also works to lessen the recurrence of hepatic encephalopathy episodes. All this delays bacterial infections and the progression of the disease to the next stage.
How to Take Rifagut 550 Mg?
It is advised to consume the medicine at the same time every day. It could be taken with or without food, but at a fixed time. Ensure to swallow the tablet with one glass of water without chewing, breaking, or crushing it. Remember to abide by all instructions regarding the intake of medicine given by your consulting doctor.
This medication is prescribed to patients who suffer from hepatic encephalopathy and other bacterial diseases. The duration and dose of the medicine would be decided by your consulting doctor according to the severity and spread of infection. It is prescribed three times a day for three days.
Make sure to strictly follow the duration and dosage to achieve better results and to prevent various other problems. This medicine can be prescribed in syrup form as well according to the age of the patient and as per disease severity. Dosage of the medicine differs based on the route of administration, disease, medical history, patient’s age, and many other factors.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
If you forgot to take the dose of the medicine then take it at the moment whenever you remember. However, if the time has come for the next dose, leave the missed dose and return to your normal schedule. Don’t overdose as it could lead to various health problems. So, prevent taking two doses at the same time just to compensate for missed doses.
Side Effects of Rifagut 550 Mg
- Black stools.
- Lips, tongue, eyelids swelling.
- Stomach cramps.
- Bloody diarrhea.
- Stomach gas.
- Joint pain.
- Dry mouth.
- Bleeding from swollen vessels of the throat.
- Chest infections.
- Blood pressure changes.
- Painful breathing.
- Muscle pain.
- Blood in the urine.
- Blurred vision.
- Loss of appetite.
- Fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity.
Drug Interactions of Rifabutin 550 Mg
- Live cholera vaccine.
- This medicine is not prescribed for pregnant ladies until necessary. Make sure to consult with your doctor about the benefits and risks of the medicine.
- This medicine is not prescribed for breastfeeding women until necessary. Make sure to consult with your doctor about the benefits and risks of the medicine.
- Ensure to clearly understand the medical effects before driving as it might cause dizziness and fainting.
- Prevent the use of medicine if a patient suffers from severe diarrhea after medical therapy.
- Avoid the use of the medication without enough proof of bacterial infection.
- Use this medicine with caution in liver disease patients as it could lead to side effects.
- Inform your doctor about your previous medications to avoid contraindication.
- Never skip the dose or change the dose of medicine without consulting your doctor. letting your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol consumption to achieve better treatment.
- Pay a visit to your doctor if you experience any undesirable side effects.
- Make sure to finish the entire course of medication, even if you feel good. Don’t stop the course in between.
- Avoid the use of medicine if you are allergic to the medicine or the same type of antibiotics.
- Don’t consume this medication if you are suffering from bloody stools, fever, or intestine blockage.
How to Store?
Store the medication at a dry and safe place where it can be protected from sunlight, dirt, and humidity. Keep it away from pets and children as it can cause harm to them. Moreover, keep the medicine at room temperature or temperature of 30°C. Throw off outdated medicines after consulting your doctor on how to dispose of them.
Rifabutin 550 Mg Review
This medicine is very effective and potent and extremely safe for use as it is not habit-forming and doesn’t include any adverse potential. This medicine offers fewer side effects either and is designed very carefully so that you could achieve the best results. You can take this medicine easily from offline and online methods. This medicine makes you much better if you properly take the medication in the prescribed dose and duration.