What is Retino A Cream?
Retino A Cream is the commonly recommended medication to treat skin conditions like acne. It is a synthetic retinoid or a man-made retinoid. It is therapeutically classified for Dermatological uses and is not habit-forming. It is also moderately useful in treating Sun-damaged skin. Its oral form is used to treat leukaemia.
It is applied as a topical gel, mostly in 0.025-0.05% drug concentration. The drug contained in it is tretinoin. It is a type of vitamin A, also known as all-trans vitamin A or all-trans-retinoic acid. It is manufactured by Jannsen Pharmaceutical, a company founded in the year 1953. This medicine is available only with a prescription from a doctor.
How Does Retino A Cream Treat Acne?
Retino A Cream reduces the drying and scaly surfaces of skin. It also helps in reducing wrinkles. It is commonly used to remove acne which is present as spots or pimples on the skin. It also reduces the photoaging of the skin and also reduces the sagging of loose skin that develops due to a lot of exposure of skin to the sun.
It fixes the rough and leathery structure of the skin. Regular use can also lead to fading of pigmented spots on the skin. It mainly works by keeping the pores of your skin open and prevents clogging of pores.
Directions of Use
The first step, which is often ignored, is to wash your hands properly before you apply the cream. This prevents any bacteria on your hand from affecting your wound. The next step is to clean the surface of the skin where you are going to apply the cream.
Let the skin dry for at least 20 minutes. After that, use your fingertips and apply a very small amount of the cream. Even pinpoint application is enough. Also, ask your doctor for any other directions regarding the proper application of the medicine.
Retino A Cream is mainly for tropical applications. In case it is applied in the inner lip area or inside the mouth or the nose by mistake, rinse the area immediately. Do not apply Retino A Cream to scraped skin or damaged skin.
Avoid getting the cream in your eyes. Wash your hands after you apply the cream so that this can be avoided. If you get the cream in your eyes by mistake, wash your eyes immediately with large volumes of water. Seek immediate medical attention to prevent further damage to your eyes.
Time Taken by Retino A Cream to Work
Tretinoin is a very common drug of choice to treat acne vulgaris. But, you have to use it regularly for two to three months before you can see any response with respect to your acne because tretinoin shows a slow response. Your acne may even seem to worsen in the beginning.
Instructions to Use Retino A Cream?
Apply a small amount of the cream on the affected area or as directed by the medical health personnel. Apply a thin layer of the cream. Apply it once In the evening every day. Do not change or alter the dosage schedule on your own. Strictly follow the schedule that has been recommended to you by the doctor.
Your dose is decided by the extremity of your symptoms and according to what works the best for you. Make sure to inform your doctor if no improvement is observed even after following the dosage routine properly. Also, bring any kind of side effects that you love to the notice of your doctor so that they can be treated.
Overdosing will do more harm than good. If you develop excessive irritation due to an overdose, contact your doctor immediately.
In case you miss a dose, apply the cream as soon as you remember about it. In case the time for the next application is near skip the missed dose and start following the original routine.
Sub Products of Retino A Cream
Retino A 0.5%
It Is the standard formulation used to treat acne.
Retino A 0.025%
This is the same formulation but with a lower drug concentration.
Retino A Oral Form
This medication comes in the form of a tablet and is used to treat leukaemia which is commonly known as blood cancer.
Mechanism of Action
Retino A Cream contains tretinoin. This tretinoin breaks down the keratinocytes present in the skin. Tretinoin also prevents the horny cells from finding each other. Thus, it hinders the formation of horny impactions in the follicle.
These horny impactions are known as comedones. Retino A Cream stimulates the turnover of epidermal cells. This leads to peeling of the skin. Tretinoin does not have any antibacterial action of its own. Retinoic acid greatly prevents comedonal acne.
Adverse Side Effects
- Stinging of skin
- Presence of feeling of warmth in the skin
- Darkening of the skin with time
- Irritation of skin. To avoid this, start with a lower concentration of the cream.
- Excessive redness
- Lightning of normal skin colour
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to light. To reduce this, it is recommended that you use this cream at night.
- Lightening of skin that has been treated in dark-skinned patients
- Dryness of skin and mouth. This can also be prevented by drinking plenty of water and using moisturizers.
- A long term prophylactic therapy can cause more harm than good.
Warnings and Precautions
- Inform your Consulting medical health person About any supplements or herbal medications That you may be taking when you are undergoing Retino A Cream therapy. This is important as these medicines may contraindicate with Tretinoin contained in Retino A Cream.
- products containing glycolic acid, soaps and cosmetics with a strong drying effect can further worsen the symptoms of drying of the skin.
- Fluoroquinolones like ciprofloxacin, tetracyclines; thiazide water pills such as hydrochlorothiazide; sulfa drugs such as sulfamethoxazole; phenothiazines like chlorpromazine can increase photosensitivity in the patients.
- Benzoyl peroxide can greatly reduce the effectiveness of tretinoin if both of them are applied at the same time. Pro-Activ and Clearasil are two such benzoyl peroxide products.
Who Should Not Take It?
- Patients with a history of skin cancer should observe great caution when using Retino A Cream.
- Patients with eczema should not use this cream.
- Patients who have had depression should also avoid using Retino A Cream.
- If the patient has fish allergies then it is better that you inform your doctor about it before you take this medication.
- Patients who are allergic to Vitamin A or any other constituent of Retino A Cream should also discontinue its use.
Why Buy Retino A Cream at Medicationplace.com?
We Guarantee 100% Good Quality
Our products are FDA approved. Our quality of products is guaranteed and it is regulated by repeated investigations.
We Have 100% Secure Payment Methods
You do not have to fear the safety of your details or fraud. Our transactions are totally secured.
The Packaging is 100% Secure
Total privacy is guaranteed in this way.
We Have a 24/7 Customer Support
We extend our full support to all our customers round the clock. We make sure to solve all your problems and queries as smoothly as possible.
We Offer Home Delivery Without Delay
We deliver your medicines right at your doorstep and we bring them to you in the shortest time possible.
Is Tazret Forte Cream safe for use during pregnancy?
Retino A Cream should not be used during pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you get pregnant or if you are planning to get pregnant while undergoing this treatment. It is because Retino A Cream has teratogenic effects. These harmful effects are present even if the blood levels are very low.
Is Tazret Forte Cream safe for use while breastfeeding?
It is recommended that you do not use this cream when breastfeeding. Although the research data is limited, it has been shown that italic acid can be passed down to the baby through breast milk.
Retino A Cream Alternatives
Other than tretinoin, the following things can be used,
- A granactive retinoid. It is a slightly different formulation of chemical esters. It has been prepared to give the benefits as retinol while at the same time, it is gentler on the skin
- Epidermal growth factors Can also be used to substitute retinol.
- Vitamin A-rich oils such as rosehip oil are just as effective.
- Other Alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids can also help to reduce acne.
Some Commonly marketed drugs that can be used as its alternatives are-
- StayHappi Tretinoin 0.025% Cream
- Xylem A Cream
- Xerinon 0.025% Cream
- Lustre 0.025% Cream
- Trendis 0.025% Cream
Retino A Cream is thus, a medication used for treating skin conditions like acne vulgaris and sunburnt skin. In addition to that, its oral form is also used to treat blood cancer. Store it below a temperature of 30 degrees Celsius, away from direct heat and sunlight. Do not let it land in the hands of your children or in front of your pets.
There are no reviews yet.