About Nizral 30gm Cream
Nizral 30gm cream belongs to the class of antifungal agents. This class of antifungal medication stops the cells from making ergosterol that acts as the main reason behind allergic and fungal infections.
This medicine is used to treat various fungal skin infections such as ringworm, vaginal thrush, athlete’s foot, and sweat rash. The medication helps in relieving allergic and fungal infections of various body parts. This medication is often suggested by doctors to lower the risk of various fungal infections.
Every patient is suggested to take this medication as per the doctor’s prescription. Make sure to never consume this medication as per your choice, as this can cause harm to their health.
Nizral 30gm Cream Composition
Ketoconazole is an active ingredient in Nizral 30gm cream. This medication comes under the class of antifungal agents. Ketoconazole portrays antifungal properties. The component Ketoconazole is taken in use as a preservative to lessen fungal and allergic infections. Other components include preservatives to lessen numerous problems of fungal infections.
Nizral 30gm Cream Manufacturer
Janseen Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer of this medication. This famous company came into action in 1953. The main purpose of this company is to provide better healthcare facilities and offer essential medicines that are not so easy to manufacture. The company has been owned by Johnson & Johnson and has witnessed growth for many years.
Uses of Nizral 30gm Cream
- This medication is taken in use for the human body. This medication is taken in use in treatment of various allergic conditions.
- The medication is used in treatment of various fungal infections such as jock itch, ringworm, and athlete’s foot.
- This medication gives relief from various inflammation situations such as redness and swelling.
- This medication can be taken in use to treat vaginal thrush.
- Nizral 30gm cream is used in the treatment of various skin infections caused due to fungi.
- It avoids serious fungal conditions that can affect other body parts.
How Does Nizral 30 gm Cream Work?
Nizral 30gm cream consists of a component – Ketoconazole and it is an antifungal agent. It binds with fungal p450 enzymes and stops the cells from making ergosterol, an important component of the fungal cell membrane. The medication kills and eventually stops fungi growth by damaging its cell membrane and treating your fungal infection.
How to Take Nizral 30 gm Cream?
The medication is only for external use. Make sure to use the drug and dose as suggested by the doctor. Remember to check the label before use. Clean and dry the infected area, and apply a thin layer of medication to the infected area twice a day.
Make sure not to swallow the medication and prevent its contact with the mouth or eyes. Your doctor suggests the dose and gives you advice on how to take this medication.
This activity may change as per time depending on how well the drug is working. You should consume this medication properly to attain better results.
Never stop the dose till your doctor suggests you do so. Don’t apply the medication more than the prescribed amount, as it will only take action faster, and can increase the risk of side effects.
Drug overdose can result in nausea and dizziness if taken accidentally. While no such interaction is found in a drug overdose. You should not recommend the medication to any other person without a doctor’s suggestion.
You don’t have the right to lessen or higher the dose amount without a doctor’s advice. Seek medical advice as soon as possible if you have taken too much medicine. Never consume the medication regularly as it is not recommended.
Always complete the course of the drug as given by the doctor and don’t skip the dose even if you feel well. Stop taking the medication whenever the doctor suggests you do so.
What if a dose is skipped?
If a patient missed any dose of Nizoral 30gm cream then that patient should take it as soon as possible. However, if you have missed the previous dose and the time of the next dose has come, then skip the missed dose and continue with your prescribed dose. Don’t take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of Nizral 30gm cream
Many side effects don’t require any medical supervision and they sweep out the body with the drug. Even if they continue, you need a doctor’s consultation.
- Skin rash.
- Burning sensation.
- Thinning of hair.
- Breathing problems.
Drug interactions of Nizral 30gm cream
- Use Ketoconazole and Alfuzosin should not be used at the same time. Ketoconazole increases Alfuzosin levels that can result in hypotension.
- Avoid vaccines while consuming this medicine as it can lower the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Some medicines affect the working of this medication and can lower the effectiveness of this medication.
- Converse with your doctor about every medicine you are consuming apart from this medication along with non-prescription and prescription medicines.
- Taking the medication with other medicines causes harm and also causes some effects.
- Never skip any dose of the medication and try to complete the course even if the patient feels better.
- Never apply for the medicine on cuts or burns and keep it out of reach of children.
- Avoid intake of alcohol along with this medicine. Although there are no harmful effects, you need to consult with a doctor.
- This medication can be considered unsafe during pregnancy. Although limited information is there in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects. Consult with a doctor before taking this medication.
- The medication is safe to use during breastfeeding. Studies show that there is no risk to babies. But, consult with your doctor.
- Kidney patients should consume this medication as per the advice of the doctor.
- Tell the doctor if the infection doesn’t clear up even after four weeks of treatment.
- This medication does not show any influence on driving, yet no information is available.
- Prevent the medication from contact with eyes, nose, and mouth and if mistakenly come into contact, remove it immediately with water.
- Make sure to clean your fingers clean and dry, especially between toes.
- Inform your doctor if the infection doesn’t go away within four weeks.
- It is recommended to use a clean towel for your feet and wear clean socks.
How to Store?
The medication should be stored below 30°C. Keep children and pets away from the medication. Don’t place it in moisture, sunlight, and heat. Store it in a cool and dry place. Make sure to place it in the original packet to protect the medication from moisture.
Nizral 30 gm cream Review
This medication is the most commonly used medication that is taken for various allergic and fungal infections. One should follow the drug as suggested by the doctor. Patients should not stop or start to take this medication without talking to the doctor. Proper usage and correct doses are essential to treat various skin and fungal diseases.