About Letrozole 5mg
This medicine is widely used to treat breast cancer ( like hormone receptor-positive breast cancer )for women who are not experienced for the long term or face chemotherapy or surgery.
Before taking this medicine patients need to tell their health issues like liver disease, high blood pressure, or if they have fragile bones to the doctor. Those women, who do not attain menopause, should not take this medicine.
Letrozole 5mg Composition
Femara is the fundamental component that is used for the production of this drug. This active component consists of 5mg of this medicine. This medicine comes under the category of aromatase inhibitor.
Manufacturers of Letrozole 5mg
The renowned drug and pharmaceutical company named Novartis India private limited is involved in manufacturing this medicine. This company began its journey in 1947.
Uses of Letrozole 5mg
Letrozole is strictly taken by women only if they have attained menopause. This medicine can be used to treat breast cancer along with surgery. Apart from it, this medicine can be used to treat infertility among women through ovulation.
How Does Letrozole 5mg Work?
The natural female hormone estrogen is responsible for the development of breast cancer cells. This anti-estrogen medicine inhibits the growth of estrogen by preventing aromatase enzymes.
For this reason, breast cancer cells cannot be developed. Apart from this, this medicine stimulates the ovaries and helps to grow eggs during ovulation.
How to Take Letrozole 5mg ?
While taking this medicine, patients cannot chew, break or crush this medicine. They have to gulp down this medicine along with water. Patients are suggested to take this pill on an empty stomach or with food. But if patients experience nausea in the long term, they have to take this drug along with food.
Those patients take this medicine for infertility, they can take this medicine anytime as per their own choice. They have to take this pill from the third day of the menstrual cycle up to 7 the day.
Patients always consume this pill following the instruction of the doctor. They need to take this medicine on a regular basis. They cannot take more than one pill within one day. If patients take more than one pill believing that it will treat their problem quickly, they may face breathing issues or any serious side effects.
To prevent this crisis, patients have to be admitted to the hospital as soon as possible. Doctors assign the dose based on several factors like age, the physical condition of patients, a list of medicines taken, and the severity of the patients.
What if I Skip Letrozole 5mg?
To get maximum benefit, patients need to take this pill daily. But if they fail to do so, take it whenever they remember that. But ensure that you take your missed dose before the time of taking a new dose. If it happens, you have to forget about taking the previous dose and take only the new dose following the daily routine. Never take a double dose to adjust the missed dose.
Side-Effects of Letrozole 5mg
After taking this drug, many patients face some mild side effects which do not need any medical attention at all. But if the side-effects persist for the long term, they have to take help from a doctor to mitigate this issue.
- Mood change
- Blurred vision
- Dark urine
- Blood clotting
- Severe headache
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Trouble in sleeping
- Muscle pain or bone pain
- Chest pain
Drug Interactions of Letrozole 5mg
- While taking this medicine, patients are not allowed to take any other medicines containing estrogen. Even 3 months after finishing the full course of taking this medicine, patients cannot take any pills or adopt a birth control measure that is related to estrogen.
- Those patients taking Letrozole should not take estrogen blockers like tamoxifen, anastrozole simultaneously. These medicines reduce the efficacy rate of Letrozole.
- Since this medicine increases the level of cholesterol, patients should not take this medicine if they have serious heart disease. Apart from this, this medicine cannot be taken by patients who have experienced heart failure, chest pain.
- While taking this medicine, patients should not consume alcohol excessively. This medicine causes dizziness and drinking alcohol can enhance this problem. Apart from this, patients are advised not to smoke while under medication. Since this medicine makes patients dizzy, patients are advised not to do anything which requires a lot of concentration while under the influence of medicine.
- While under medication, patients should not drive the car as this medicine can affect cataracts and that leads to blurred vision.
- While taking this medicine, many patients experience hot flushes and sweating. For this reason, patients should wear airy clothes to remain cool.
- Those ladies who are planning to have a baby or are pregnant should not take this medicine. As this medicine can harm the fetus.
- The breastfeeding women are also suggested not to take this medicine. As this medicine passes to the breast milk of patients. Even if they feel the necessity of taking this medicine, they are not allowed to breastfeed their baby up to 3months after leaving to take this medicine.
- Those patients who are suffering from the problem of osteoporosis or osteopenia, should not take this medication. This drug reduces the density of bone vehemently. So while taking this medicine, patients need to check their bone mineral density and vitamin D at a regular interval.
- If patients are seriously allergic to this medicine, they should not try this medicine under any circumstances. This medicine causes itching, hives, swelling on the throat, and face severely.
- If patients have a serious problem with the liver, they have to take this medicine cautiously. Even while under medication, patients have to check their liver function tests under the guidance of a health expert.
How to Store?
This medicine should be stored away from excessive sunlight, moisture and heat. Never keep it in the bathroom. Patients need to keep away from children and animals. After opening this original seal, patients need to conserve it in an airtight container. Always preserve this medicine below 30 degrees c temperature.
Letrozole 5mg Review
This medicine is one of the effective ways to treat breast cancer in women who have not been experiencing periods for a longer period. This medicine should not be taken by patients without talking to a doctor. Never influence others to take this medicine without having a prescription even if they have the same problem.
If doctors recommend this medicine for a longer period, you should not stop taking medicine after a few days. You have to finish the full course of taking this medicine even if you see some improvement. Patients are not allowed to start or stop taking this medicine suddenly.
Without the doctor’s permission patients cannot increase or decrease the dosage of this medicine. To get the best result, patients have to bring the change of their habits like controlling smoking, drinking, regular exercise along medicine consumption.
There are no reviews yet.