About Lenalid 10mg
Lenalid medicine is mainly used for the treatment of multiple myeloma and lepra reactions. This medicine can be used by both females and males. Patients can take this medicine along with chemotherapy or alone.
This medicine should be consumed by patients only if they have valid prescriptions. But before taking this medicine, ensure that if they have any issue like liver disease, shingles, chickenpox to the doctor. This medicine is available in several doses. Doctors suggest the right dose after knowing the problem. This medicine is absorbed in the body through the lungs and skin.
Lenalid 10mg Composition
This is an anti-cancer medication that consists of an active element named Lenalidomide. This primary constituent comprises 10mg of this medicine.
Manufacturer of Lenalid 10mg
The famous drug and pharmaceutical company named Natco pharma limited is associated with the production of this medicine. This renowned establishment started its journey in 1981 from Hyderabad.
Uses of Lenalid 10mg
This medicine is effectively used for cancer treatment. It enhances the chance of the survival rate of patients. Those patients experience leprosy after, before, or throughout the treatment, their nerve system gets damaged and their disability gets worsened.
This medicine can be taken by these types of patients. Patients can take this medicine continuously for up to 21 days. After that, they have to take a break for 7 days. While taking this medicine, patients have to change their habit of smoking.
How Does Lenalid 10mg Work?
This medicine improves the immune system of patients. This medicine can inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the human body by blocking chemical messengers. In this way, cancer cannot spread in different areas of the human body.
How to Take Lenalid 10mg?
Patients need to take this pill along with sufficient water. While taking it, never crush, break or chew this tablet. Patients have to take this medicine along with food. Try to take this medicine regularly at a specific time.
Patients need to follow the instructions of the doctor regarding taking this medicine. After knowing the health condition, age, and severity of the problem, doctors recommend the dose. Patients need to take one pill on a daily basis.
Patients are not allowed to change their dose according to their feasibility. If they take more than the prescribed amount thinking that it works fast, they may face serious side –effects like breathing issues or anything fatal. To curb this issue, patients have to be admitted to the nearest hospital as early as possible.
What If I Skip a Dose?
Patients should not forget to take their allotted dose on time. But if they anyhow fail to take it on time, take it whenever they find it feasible. But ensure that they take their missed dose 12 hours before taking a new dose. After that, they can take only a new dose. Never take multiple tablets to manage the previous dose.
Side-Effects of Lenalid 10mg
In general, after taking this medicine, patients can experience any mild side effects, these cannot last for long. So patients do not need to panic. But if any side effects last for a longer period, patients have to communicate with the doctor immediately.
- Blurred vision
- Serious allergic reaction
- Stomach issue
- Decreased level of calcium in the blood
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased white blood cell count
- Blood clots
- Weight loss
- Anxiety, confusion
Drug Interactions of Lenalid 10mg
- If patients take the mumps virus vaccine, they are not allowed to take this medicine.
- Those patients who take atorvastatin along with this medicine may be severely affected.
- If patients take simvastatin, leflunomide along with this medicine, it may prove dangerous for them.
- Those who are taking Lenalid, are suggested not to take clozapine, Ethinyl estradiol simultaneously. As it may prove harmful for them.
- If women are planning to conceive or are pregnant, they should not take this medicine. This medicine causes harm to the fetus in the mother’s womb. The breastfeeding women should not take this medicine as this medicine can pass to the breast milk and proves toxic for the newborn.
- After taking this medicine, patients have to take a lot of fluid or water to avoid dehydration.
- After taking this medicine, if patients require to go outside, make sure that they apply sunscreen lotion or wear full sleeves cloth to avoid sunlight.
- If men are taking this medicine while having sex they have to take all precautionary measures up to 28 days after stopping taking this medicine.
- While taking this medicine, patients need to avoid doing anything which needs a lot of mental attention. Not only that they should not drive a car. This medicine causes blurred vision in the patients.
- Since this medicine causes dizziness. Patients have to control their excessive liquor consumption. Because drinking alcohol can aggravate the problem of dizziness.
- While taking medicine, you are not allowed to come in contact with sharp tools. In addition, patients have to be careful regarding their bruising or injury.
- Patients are not allowed to donate blood or sperm up to 4 months after leaving to take this medicine.
- While taking this medicine, patients should not come in contact with others who are suffering from colds, coughs.
- While under medication, patients need to check their blood tests regularly. As it changes the level of a blood cell.
- Those who are suffering from kidney disease, need to take this medicine with caution.
- Those who are allergic to this medicine, should not take it under any circumstances. As they face itching, swelling on the throat, faces, and hives severely.
- Those patients suffer from the problem of blood clotting or thromboembolism, they need to take this medicine under the guidance of a health expert. As this medicine can worsen the condition.
- If patients are suffering from the problem of anaemia, reduced platelet count, they need to take this medicine under the supervision of a doctor. Otherwise, patients may face serious health issues.
- Patients have to tell their doctor about taking this medicine if they have any plan regarding surgery, dental care, or anything serious emergency help.
- While taking this medicine, if the powder of this capsule comes in contact with any body part, make sure that you clean the area properly with water and soaps.
- If patients have serious heart disease, they are not allowed to take this medicine.
- Women have to adopt an adequate contraceptive method 4 weeks before or after stopping taking this medicine.
How to Store?
This medicine should be conserved between 15-25 degrees Celsius temperatures. Never keep it in the bathroom. Always preserve it away from excessive heat, sunlight, and moisture. Children and animals need to stay away from this medicine.
Lenalid 10mg Review
This is one of the effective ways to treat blood cancer. Patients are not allowed to stop or start taking this medicine suddenly. Never refer others to take this medicine without talking to the doctor even if they have the same problem. Patients have to complete the full course of taking this medicine.