About Ivermectin 6mg
Ivermectin 6mg belongs to a class of drugs known as anthelmintics that cure parasitic infections. This class of drugs paralyzes and ultimately kills the parasites and helps in curing various parasitic infections. Curing parasitic infections enhances the quality of life. It is a prescription drug that comes in the form of topical cream, tablets, and topical lotion.
This medication is taken in use in treating various parasitic infections such as infection of the eyes, skin, and intestinal tract. The medicine greatly helps patients to get relief from various parasitic infections of body parts. Ivermectin 6mg is prescribed by doctors to lessen various parasitic infections of various body parts.
Patients are advised to consume the medication according to the doctor’s advice. Make sure to never consume this medication according to your choice, as it can lead to severe health consequences and can affect health.
Ivermectin 6mg Composition
In all Ivermectin tablets, Ivermectin acts as the active ingredient, only the brand name changes. This medication is totally different from the steroid class. Ivermectin 6mg portrays anti-parasitic properties and greatly helps in lessening various parasitic infections. It is the single component available in the medication that fights against various parasitic infections.
Ivermectin 6 mg Manufacturer
Sun Pharma is the manufacturer of this medication. This trustworthy and famous company came into force in 1983. The main aim of this reputed company is to provide high-quality and affordable medicines to patients. It also provides the best healthcare facilities and also manufactures various essential medicines. This company’s headquarters are located in Mumbai and the company has seen tremendous growth.
Uses of Ivermectin 6mg
- This medication is used for treating various human parts. The medication is taken in use for treating various parasitic infections.
- The medication is used in treating various parasitic infections like infections of the eyes, skin, and intestinal tract.
- The drug gives relief from sore throat, headache, and much more issues.
- This medication is taken in use to treat itching and irritation problems to a great range.
- This medication treats various parasitic infections caused by worms.
- It avoids the spread of various parasitic infections that can cause harm to various body parts.
How Does Ivermectin 6mg Work?
Ivermectin 6 mg includes Ivermectin that depicts anthelmintic properties. This medication works by binding to various parts inside the parasite. Due to this binding, it kills or paralyzes the parasite, or stops adult parasites to make new larvae. Due to this activity, the infection goes off completely. It also avoids sore throat, headache, and many ringworm infections.
How to Take Ivermectin 6mg?
Consume this medication in the prescribed dose and duration as suggested by the doctor. Always remember to check the label for any directions before using the medicine. Consume this medicine through mouth along with a full glass of water on an empty stomach and that too 1 hour before the meal.
The medication is usually taken as a single dose or as a series of doses, or as prescribed by the doctor. Your doctor prescribed the medicine and directs you with the directions on how to take this medicine.
The dosage of the medication depends on the patient’s age, on the condition being treated, on how severe the condition is, depending on other medical conditions, and much more. The medication also comes in cream form, apply it to the affected area as prescribed by the doctor. Patients must consume the medicine at a fixed time to get better results. Don’t stop taking the drug till your doctor tells you to do so. Never take the medicine more than the prescribed duration, as it will only enhance the risk of side effects.
Overdose of this medication can lead to seizures and headaches if consumed accidentally. And, these interactions are proven with results, so patients should not suggest this medication to others without the doctor’s permission and should also not consume it.
Patients don’t have the right to lower or increase the dosage amount without the doctor’s suggestion. Immediately seek medical assistance if you have taken lots of medicine. Don’t take the medicine regularly without the doctor’s suggestion.
It is not advised to skip this medication even if the patient feels better and it is very essential to complete the course of the medication as prescribed by the doctor. Whenever your doctor tells you to stop the medication, abide by their instructions.
What if a Dose is Skipped?
If a patient by mistake skips the dose of Ivermectin 6mg, then that person is advised to consume the medicine as soon as possible. If the time of the next dose is near, then skip the missed dose and abide by your normal schedule. Don’t double the dose to catch up with the missed dose.
Side Effects of Ivermectin 6mg
Many side effects don’t require any medical help and they disappear as your body adapts to the medication. If the side effects persist, take a consultation with your doctor.
- Pain in my neck.
- Bleeding in eyes.
- Loss of vision.
- Swelling of eyes.
- Breath shortness.
- Inability to control urination.
- High level of tiredness.
- Low blood pressure.
- Energy loss.
- Pain in my stomach.
- Appetite loss.
Drug Interactions of Ivermectin 6mg
- Use of warfarin with Ivermectin can result in blood thinning and in serious bleeding.
- The use of herbal drugs and Ivermectin at the same time can affect the efficacy of the drug.
- Barbiturates and benzodiazepines interact with Ivermectin.
- Various other medicines might affect the working of the medication and can lessen the medicine effect.
- Talk with your doctor about every medicine you are taking apart from this medicine.
- If you are suffering from an allergy to its components then prevent the use of this medication.
- Consuming this medication with other medicines can cause serious side effects and harm the body.
- Don’t skip any dose of the drug and make sure to complete the course even when you feel better.
- It would be unsafe to take this medication for asthma as it can make it worse. Consult with your doctor.
- Consult with your doctor if the medication is safe or not to take during pregnancy. Though, there is not enough information on humans.
- This medication might be unsafe to take during breastfeeding as it may pass into breast milk and can cause serious side effects. Have a talk with your doctor.
- If you are suffering from liver problems, then avoid the use of this medication as it can cause more harm to your liver. Consult with your doctor whether the drug is safe or not.
- Talk with your doctor if the problem doesn’t go away in a few weeks.
- This drug can cause seizures so consult with your doctor if the drug is safe or not.
How to Store It?
The medication should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 30°C. It should be kept at a distance from pets and children. Store the medication away from moisture and light. Don’t store it in the bathroom, and discard the drug properly.
Ivermectin 6mg Review
Ivermectin 6 mg is the most common medicine that is taken in use to treat various parasitic infections. Patients are advised to abide by the instructions and by dose and duration. Never stop or start consuming the medicine without the doctor’s advice. Proper usage and dose at a fixed time are required to treat various parasitic infections.