About Imat 100 Mg
It is a medicine that is given for the treatment of blood cancer like chronic myeloid leukaemia and acute lymphocytic leukaemia. It is also used in the treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumours. This medicine can be easily availed from online stores or from a pharmacy.
Imat 100 Mg Composition
It contains the drug Imatinib mesylate in 100 mg concentration. It belongs to the chemical class Benzanilides Derivatives and to the therapeutic class of antineoplastic drugs. It is not a habit-forming drug. These tablets fall under the class of medicines called tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Imat 100 Mg Manufacturer
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries is the pharmaceutical company that has manufactured this medicine.
Uses of Imat 100 Mg
The three prominent uses of this medicine are as follows-
- Blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia)
- Blood cancer (Acute lymphocytic leukaemia)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour
In Chronic myeloid leukaemia and acute lymphocytic leukaemia, which are both cancers of the blood-forming tissues, there is a decrease in the ability of the body to fight against infections and their causative organisms properly. What this medicine does is that it kill or stop the growth of cancer cells or prevent their multiplication.
In Gastrointestinal stromal tumours as well, This medicine kills the cancer cells and works to prevent their growth and further spread in the body. This tumour occurs mostly in the small intestine or in the stomach which contains the specialised cells known as interstitial cells of Cajal.
How Does Imat 100 Mg Work?
The mechanism of action of this medicine involves the inhibition of the proliferation of a protein enzyme called bcr-abl tyrosine kinase and it is responsible for the growth and abnormal proliferation of cancer cells. So, it is an anti-cancer medicine. Not only this, but Imat 100 mg also induces apoptosis or programmed cell death in these bcr-abl positive cells or the cancer cells.
How to Take Imat 100 Mg?
You were supposed to take this medicine with plenty of water. Swallow it whole, do not try to crush or break or chew it. If possible take this medicine with food for better action of the medicine.
Also taking this medicine at the same time every day will improve its efficacy. Other than this follow all the instructions that your doctor must have given to you regarding the way that you are supposed to take this medicine.
This medicine is very potent but it can also be toxic for you if the dosage is not managed properly. So strictly adhere to whatever dosage schedule your doctor has given you because your dosage is decided according to the severity of your symptoms and according to what works the best for you, based on those symptoms and on other factors.
However, it is important that you inform your doctor about all your pre-existing medical health problems so that your doctor can consider them to avoid any harmful reactions due to using a combination of medicines that are not supposed to be used or to prevent unwanted contraindications with some disease. This is very important to ensure your safety.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
In case you forget to take a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember about it. However, it would be better to leave the dose altogether and you should start following the original dosage schedule if the time for the second dose has come very near.
This is to prevent overdosing. Also do not take two doses simultaneously to make up for a missed dose because this can be severely harmful to you.
Side Effects of Imat 100 Mg
- Bleeding from the wound after surgery
- Bloating or generalized swelling or swelling of a particular limb or face
- Blood in the urine
- Bloody eye and nose and gums and other bleeding problems
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Blurred vision
- Body aches or pain
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Muscle cramp
- Bone, joint or muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
Drug Interactions of Imat 100 Mg
The following medicines have moderate to severe contraindications when given in combination with Imat 100 mg.
- Metoprolol Succinate ER
- Metoprolol Tartrate
- Sone acetaminophen
- Plaquenil or hydroxychloroquine
- Synthroid or levothyroxine
- Tylenol Extra Strength
- Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin
- Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol
- Zofran or ondansetron
- Patients with cardiovascular disease, Fluid retention, Bone marrow suppression, Gastrointestinal disorders, Hepatic impairment, Hypothyroidism and Renal impairment Should ideally avoid this medicine because it is contraindicated to be used in these conditions.
- In case you are allergic to this medicine, discontinue the use immediately and tell your doctor about it.
- You should not alter the dosage and the duration of the treatment on your own and you should follow what your doctor must have told you. It is also because as your condition improves or deteriorates, the duration of the treatment and your dosage will be regulated accordingly. So continue to take it for as long as a doctor tells you to and in the same way that your doctor tells you to.
- Avoid overdosing to avoid unwanted harmful situations.
- In case you start doubting that this medicine may not be helping you, you should remember that this medicine may take a variable amount of time-varying from several weeks to 2 months to show its effects. So continue your treatment right up to the end.
- In case there is an unexpected and rapid gain in weight, let your doctor know about it
- It is important to get all the blood tests and organ function tests that your doctor may advise you for. Get them done regularly because it is important to monitor the level of your blood cells. It is also important for the follow up of your treatment
- Women who are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant should not use this medicine. Also, nursing mothers should avoid this medicine as well.
- Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as it will worsen your middle focus and it can make you feel dizzy and it can make your vision blurry.
- In case you were experiencing that year vision and focus are getting affected because of the use of this medicine then avoid driving or operating heavy machinery to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Patients who are suffering from bleeding disorders should avoid this medicine.
How to Store?
Properly store this medicine in a place that is away from direct sunlight and heat and humidity and from other elements. This is to ensure that your medicine continues to be efficient for a longer time.
Also, keep this medicine away from your pets and your children so that they do not damage the medicine accidentally and also to prevent them from eating it by mistake because this can be harmful to them. You can store this medicine at room temperature.
Imat 100 Mg Review
This medicine has received a lot of positive reviews from the users and from the doctors. This medicine is well tolerated and its side effects can be dealt with easily. It is very potent and effective medicine and it will not fail to provide relief to the patients.