About Candid Cream 50 gm
Candid cream belongs to the class of azole antifungal agents which has antifungal properties. This azole class medicine inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol which are the reasons behind allergic and fungal conditions.
This medication is used to treat various fungal skin infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, fungal nappy rash in babies, and fungal sweat rash and helps in relieving allergy and fungal infection of various body parts. It is commonly prescribed by doctors to reduce fungal infections.
Patients need to take the dosage of medicine as per the prescription of a doctor. Patients should never take this medicine as per their choice, as it will affect their health.
Candid Cream 50 gm Composition
Clotrimazole is an active ingredient in Candid cream 50mg. It is an azole derivative which is not the same as anabolic steroids. Clotrimazole comes with antifungal properties. The component Clotrimazole is used in this cream as preservatives to eradicate fungal infection or allergic reactions.
Other substances such as benzyl alcohol, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben are used as preservatives to alleviate the problem of fungal infections and to add some agents.
Candid Cream 50 gm Manufacturer
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited is the manufacturer of this medicine. This giant drug company was established in 1977. The main focus of this company is to provide healthcare facilities and make medicines that are necessary and difficult to produce. This private company is located in Mumbai and has witnessed enormous growth for many years.
Uses of Candid Cream 50 gm
- This medicine is widely used for the human body. It is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions and allergic conditions.
- This drug can be used to treat infections like ringworm, athlete’s foot, and fungal sweat rash.
- Candid cream 50gm is used to give relief for inflammation such as redness and swelling.
- It is used in the treatment of vaginal and penile thrush.
- It helps in preventing various allergic conditions that can affect the various organs of the human body such as skin, blood, lungs, etc.
How Does Candid Cream 50 gm Work?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent and is responsible for treating various fungal infections that our human body produces, and is responsible for lowering allergic reactions.
Clotrimazole exerts antifungal activity and inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol, an important constituent of the fungal cell membrane that helps in keeping fungal cells intact and it directly promotes their growth.
It works by damaging or killing the fungal cell by destroying the cell membrane.
How to Take Candid Cream 50 gm?
Candid cream 50 gm is for external use only. Wash the infected area thoroughly and dry it, then apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area twice a day. Don’t swallow the medication and prevent its contact with the mouth or eyes. The doctor prescribes the dose and how often one should take this medicine.
This may change from time to time depending upon how well they are working. One should take this medicine regularly to get the most benefit. Don’t stop the medicine dose unless the doctor advises you to stop. Don’t apply the medication more often than prescribed, as it would not make the action faster, but increases the risk of side effects.
An overdose of Candid cream 50gm can cause nausea and dizziness if accidentally ingested. While no such interaction is present on an overdose of this medication. The patients should never recommend this medicine to others without the consent of a doctor.
Patients can not increase or decrease the dose without consultation with a doctor. One must seek immediate medical assistance in case taken too much of this medicine. This medicine is not worth taking regularly.
The patient should not skip this medicine even if he or she feels well and has to complete the course of medicine prescribed by the doctor. Stop taking this medicine whenever the doctor prescribes you to do so.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
If the patient missed any dose of this medicine, they should take it as soon as possible. If you have missed and the time of the next dose has come, you should continue with that regular dose. One shouldn’t take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Side Effects of Candid Cream 50 gm
A majority of side effects don’t need any medical attention and they go out as the body adjusts to the drug. Even if they persist, you may consult a doctor.
- Skin rash.
- Lips swelling.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Burning sensation.
Drug Interactions of Candid Cream 50 gm
- Clotrimazole and Skizotus should not be used at the same moment. Clotrimazole increases Skizotus levels that can result in abnormal heart rate.
- Vaccines should not be given while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Some drugs can affect the working of Candid cream 50gm procedure or might be the tablet itself can lessen the effectiveness of other medicines taken with this drug.
- Talk to your doctor about all the medicines you are taking for treatment along with prescription and non-prescription medicines and herbal supplements.
- Consuming the medication with some medicines can affect them and can cause some undesirable effects.
- Don’t skip any of the doses and complete the full course even if you feel better.
- Don’t apply the medication on burns or cuts and keep it away from children.
- You should avoid taking alcohol while taking this medicine. Although there are no known warnings, still you should consult with your doctor.
- Those who are planning to have a child or pregnant women should consult with a doctor before taking this medicine as it can impair fertility.
- Breastfeeding women must need to know the benefits and risks from a doctor before taking this medicine as it can deteriorate the health of the baby. This medicine doesn’t pass into the milk in small amounts. But, do consult with an expert doctor.
- Kidney patients should take this medicine as per recommendations by the doctor.
- Inform the doctor if the infection doesn’t clear up even after treatment for four weeks.
- Candid cream 50gm has no influence on your driving, yet no interaction is found.
- Avoid the contact of the medication with the mouth, nose, or eyes, and if accidentally came into contact wash it off immediately with fresh water.
- Inform your doctor if the fungal infection doesn’t clear up after four weeks.
How to Store?
This medicine should be kept below 30°C. Make sure that children and pets should be kept out of reach. Place it away from sunlight, moisture, and heat. Store the drug in a room that is cool and dry. Keep it in the original packet to protect it from any other moisture.
Candid Cream 50 gm Review
Candid cream 50gm is one of the most commonly used medicines which is used to treat allergic conditions and fungal infections. Patients should follow this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
The patient should not start or leave taking this medicine without consulting the doctor. The corrective measures and proper use of medicine are necessary to treat any kind of disease.