About Candid B Cream 30 gm
Candid B cream comes under the class of azole antifungal agents that include antifungal properties. This class of azole medication inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol that is the main reason behind fungal and allergic reactions.
The medication is used in treating many fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal sweat rash, and fungal nappy rash in babies. This medication greatly helps in relieving fungal and allergic infections of many body parts. The medication is often prescribed by doctors to lower various fungal infections.
Patients are required to consume the dosage according to the doctor’s prescription. Patients should make sure to never consume this medication according to their choice, as that can affect their health.
Candid B Cream 30 gm Composition
Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone are active ingredients in Candid B cream 30gm. The medication comes under an azole derivative that is not the same as anabolic steroids. Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone depict antifungal properties. The components Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone are used in the medication as a preservative to lower allergic and fungal infections.
Other components like benzyl alcohol, Propylparaben, and Methylparaben act as preservatives to lower various problems of fungal infections and add up some agents.
Candid B Cream 30 gm Manufacturer
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is the manufacturer of the medication. This reputed company came into action in 1977. The main objective of the company is to offer proper healthcare facilities and manufacture necessary medicines that are difficult to manufacture. This giant and a private company is situated in Mumbai and has witnessed growth for many years.
Uses of Candid B Cream 30 gm
- The medication is solely taken for use in the human body. The medicine is used in the treatment of severe allergic conditions.
- This medication is used in the treatment of various fungal infections like ringworm, athlete’s foot, and fungal sweat rash.
- The medication offers relief from inflammation conditions like swelling and redness.
- The medication can be taken in use in treating penile and vaginal thrush.
- The medication is used to treat various skin infections caused by fungi.
- It prevents various allergic conditions that affect many organs of the human body like lungs, blood, and much more.
How Does Candid B Cream 30gm Work?
Candid B cream 30gm is made up of two combinations: one component is an antifungal agent and the other is a corticosteroid. Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent that inhibits ergosterol synthesis, an essential component of the fungal cell membrane. Moreover, it stops the growth of fungi on the skin and prevents fungi from forming their covering.
Beclometasone comes under the corticosteroid class that blocks the production of certain chemical messengers called prostaglandins that make the skin itchy, red, or swollen.
How to Take Candid B Cream 30gm?
The medication is strictly used externally. Make use of the medication in the prescribed duration and dose as suggested by your doctor. Make sure to check the label for directions before any use. Clean the infected area thoroughly and pat it dry, then apply a thin layer of the medication to the affected area twice a day. Remember not to swallow it and avoid its contact with eyes or mouth. Your doctor prescribes the dose and gives you advice on how to consume the medication.
This might change according to time depending on how well the medicine is working. Patients should consume this medication regularly to achieve better results. Don’t stop the dose until the doctor suggests that you stop. Make sure not to apply for the medicine more than the prescribed amount, as it only makes the action faster, but it increases the risk of side effects.
Overdose of the medication can result in dizziness and nausea if consumed accidentally. While no such type of interaction is seen in drug overdoses. Patients should not suggest this medication to other patients without the advice of the doctor.
Patients don’t have the right to decrease or increase the dose without the doctor’s suggestion. Immediately seek medical help in case you have taken too much of the medication. Don’t take the medication regularly as it is not advised to do so.
Patients should not skip the medication even if the patient feels well and it is essential to complete the course of the medication as prescribed by the doctor. Stop consuming the medicine whenever the doctor suggests you do so.
What if a Dose is Skipped?
If a patient missed any dose of candid B cream 30gm, then that patient should consume it immediately. However, if you have missed the previous dose and the time of the next dose has come, then skip the missed dose and continue with your prescribed dose. Don’t take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side Effects of Candid B Cream 30gm
Many side effects don’t require any medical supervision and they sweep out the body with the drug. Even if they continue, you need a doctor’s consultation.
- Skin rash.
- Lips swelling.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Burning sensation.
Drug Interactions of Candid B Cream 30gm
- Clotrimazole and Metformin should not be used at the same time. Clotrimazole increases Metformin levels that can result in diabetes.
- Avoid vaccines while consuming this medicine as it can lower the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Some medicines affect the working of Candid B cream 30gm and can lower the effectiveness of this medication.
- Converse with your doctor about every medicine you are consuming apart from this medication along with non-prescription and prescription medicines.
- If you are suffering from depression, osteoporosis, and abdominal pain then don’t consume candid B cream 30gm.
- Taking the medication with other medicines causes harm and also causes some effects.
- Never skip any dose of the medication and try to complete the course even if the patient feels better.
- Never apply for the medicine on cuts or burns and keep it out of reach of children.
- Avoid intake of alcohol along with this medicine. Although there are no harmful effects, you need to consult with a doctor.
- This medication can be considered unsafe during pregnancy. Although limited information is there in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects. Consult with a doctor before taking this medication.
- The medication is safe to use during breastfeeding. Studies show that there is no risk to babies. But, consult with your doctor.
- Kidney patients should consume this medication as per the advice of the doctor.
- Tell the doctor if the infection doesn’t clear up even after four weeks of treatment.
- Candid B cream 30gmdoew does not show any influence on driving, yet no information is available.
- Prevent the medication from contact with eyes, nose, and mouth and if mistakenly came into contact, remove it immediately with water.
How to Store?
The medication should be stored below 25°C. Keep children and pets away from the medication. Don’t place it in moisture, sunlight, and heat. Store it in a cool and dry place. Make sure to place it in the original packet to protect the medication from moisture.
Candid B Cream 30 gm Review
Candid B cream 30gm is the most commonly used medication that is taken for various allergic and fungal infections. One should follow the drug as suggested by the doctor. Patients should not stop or start to take this medication without talking to the doctor. Proper usage and correct dose are essential to treat various skin and fungal diseases.
There are no reviews yet.