About Banocide Forte 50 mg
This medicine is mainly used for the treatment of filariasis and worm infections. The function of this medicine is to act against both adult forms of parasitic worms and larvae that is the reason behind filariasis.
Patients need to take this medicine following the guidance of a doctor. Before taking this medicine a doctor needs to supervise the blood counts of patients and the function of the liver. This medicine comes in two forms such as gel and tablet.
Banocide Forte 50 mg Composition
This medicine comes under the category of anti-helminthic. Diethylcarbamazine is the main constituent of this medicine. This active element contains 50mg of this drug.
Manufacturer of Banocide Forte 50 mg
This medicine was manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline pharmaceuticals limited. This company started its journey in 2000. The headquarters of this establishment is in Mumbai. This is one of the best healthcare and pharmaceutical establishments. They mainly manufacture drugs and vaccines.
Uses of Banocide Forte 50 mg
This medicine cannot be used in the long term. This medicine is used for various purposes. In the case of river blindness, patients get affected by an infection caused by a parasitic worm named onchocerca. This medicine is effective to treat this problem. Apart from this, this medication is also used for the treatment of loiasis, toxocariasis, and worm infection.
How does Banocide Forte 50 mg Work?
The basic component of this medicine sensitizes phagocytosis and microfilariae permitting the leukocytes and kills the parasites.
How to Take a Banocide Forte 50 Mg?
Patients are advised to gulp down this medicine along with sufficient water. Patients should not chew, crush or break this medicine. As this can reduce the effectiveness of this drug. It is suggested to take this medicine immediately after some food. Taking medicine on an empty stomach should be avoided as it may cause gastric irritation.
Patients need to take a dose of this medicine based on health condition, the severity of the problem, body weight, and mental status of patients. The only doctor knows about the dose and timing of taking medicine. You are not allowed to take more than the prescribed dose. It is advised to take one tablet regularly. If a doctor prescribes two pills regularly, always maintain the equal gap between taking two doses. Patients are asked to take recommended doses at a fixed time.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
Patients should not miss doses anyway. But if they ever forget to take stipulated medicine at a fixed time, take it whenever you remember that. But if you are going to take the forgotten dose almost the time of taking the next dose, leave the missed dose. Take your scheduled dose following the daily routine.
If you think that taking extra pills can mitigate the problem quickly, you are wrong. You are not allowed to take a double dose to compensate for the previous dose under any circumstance. Taking a double dose may be the cause of serious side effects such as enlarged lymph nodes, reduced blood pressure, narrowing airways. In this situation, you need to seek help from a doctor immediately.
Side Effects of Banocide Forte 50 mg
If after taking medication, patients face several side effects such as vomiting, nausea, dizziness. But these problems do not last long. You do not need to go to the doctor to treat these issues. But if these problems last long term, patients need to seek help from a doctor immediately
Serious Side Effects
- Hair loss
- Sleeping disorder
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Loss of appetite
Common Side Effects
- Skin rash
- Visual problem
- Tender, swollen gland in the neck area
Drug Interactions of Banocide Forte 50 mg
- Those who are taking medicines like acetylcholine, aclidinium, agmatine, ziprasidone, xanomeline, talinolol, amitriptyline, budesonide, should not take Banocide for 50 mg. Amitriptyline is mainly used for the treatment of psychological issues. Banocide reduces the effectiveness of this medicine if both are taken simultaneously.
- If patients take herbal medicine, they are not allowed to take this medicine.
- Those who are taking the antimalarial drug, cannot take this medicine. As both of these interact with each other moderately.
- If patients take Banocide Forte along with bisoprolol, acetabulum, patients experience reduced heart rate suddenly.
- If patients have serious allergic problems with the active salt of this medicine, they should not take this medicine.
- Those who are taking this medicine, should not drive a car or do something which requires a lot of attention. After taking this pill, you may feel drowsy.
- Pregnant women or those who are planning to have a baby, are not allowed to take this medicine. As this medicine may be harmful to the fetus.
- Breastfeeding women are also not allowed to take this medicine. Because this medicine may pass to the breast milk and become toxic for newborn babies.
- While taking medicine, patients should not consume alcohol. As this may cause dizziness. Besides that, alcohol intake reduces the power of this medicine.
- Those who are suffering from kidney or liver problems should take this only if the doctor permits it. The doctor needs to monitor the problem of patients to adjust the dose.
- While taking this medicine, patients need to consume a lot of fluids to avoid unwanted effects.
- While under medication, try to avoid those people who have an infection or are sick.
- Those suffering from asthma, heart-related diseases like tachycardia, are not allowed to take this medicine.
- Those who are suffering from epilepsy should take this medicine after being closely monitored by a doctor.
- If patients are seeking, they should not take this medicine until their full recovery.
- Those who are taking medicine for the treatment of onchocerciasis, need to avoid taking this medicine.
- If patients have a history of convulsion or seizures, they need to talk to a doctor before taking this medicine.
How to Store?
This medicine should be kept away from sunlight, heat. The ideal temperature for keeping this medicine is under 30 degrees. Never consume expired medicine. Animals, children should stay away from this medicine. You need to keep it tightly closed in the pack. Patients need to abandon the expired medicine properly and never throw in wastewater.
Banocide Forte 50 mg Reviews
The action of this medicine varies from person to person. If you take this medicine for a longer period, you may experience night blindness, tunnel vision. If after taking this medicine, you see some improvement, you are not allowed to stop taking this medicine. This may worsen your problem more than before. You need to complete the full course of taking this medicine.
You cannot increase or decrease the dose as per your own choice. If patients are told to take two doses, they need to maintain a gap of 6-8 hours between two doses. But before using that you need to know that this medicine cannot treat the infection caused by tapeworms and pinworms. If patients do not see any improvement or see some unusual effects on the skin, they need to stop taking this medicine until further doctor’s instruction.