About Anastrozole 1mg
Anastrozole is strongly recommended for the treatment of breast cancer in women. This medicine reaches the body through the lungs and skin. If patients do not reach the age of menopause but have the problem of breast cancer, they should not take this medicine.
Anastrozole 1mg Composition
The component named Arimidex is used for producing this medicine. This drug consists of 1mg of this primary constituent. Arimidex comes under the family of selective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors.
Manufacturer of Anastrozole 1mg
The famous drug and pharmaceutical company named AstraZeneca is engaged in the production of this medicine. This foreign establishment began its journey in 1999. This UK-based company is associated with manufacturing several medicines like cardiovascular, respiratory, neuroscience, inflammation, and many others. The significant issue of this company is that it was involved in manufacturing COVID 19 vaccine.
Uses of Anastrozole 1mg
This medicine is widely used by women to treat the problem of breast cancer. This medicine should be taken by the ladies who are in the age of menopause. This medicine works effectively with other treatments like radiation or surgery for curing breast cancer in a lady who is in the age of menopause.
This medicine is also effective to stop the spreading of the tumour to the other areas of the human body with advanced breast cancer.
How Does Anastrozole 1mg Work?
This medicine acts by decreasing the level of a hormone named natural female hormone or estrogen generated in the body. This can reduce or inhibit the development of breast cancer cells that require estrogen for development.
How to Take Anastrozole 1mg?
This medicine should be taken by patients along with water. It is advised not to crush, break or chew this tablet as it reduces the efficacy of this medicine. To get the best result patients are required to take this medicine at a fixed time given by the doctor.
They can take this medicine along with food or on an empty stomach. If after taking this medicine, patients face nausea for a longer period, they have to take this pill mandatorily after eating food.
Without a valid prescription, patients should not consume this medicine. Let the doctor prescribe the dosage after knowing the health condition, age, severe condition of patients, and the list of present medications taken by patients. The doctor always recommends patients take the stipulated dose on a daily basis.
They are not allowed to change their dose at their convenience. It is suggested to patients to take one pill within 24 hours. If they take more than recommended, they may face breathing problems or any serious issue from taking an overdose. To eradicate this problem patients have to go to the doctor or admit the nearest hospital as early as possible.
What If I Skip a Dose?
Patients are not allowed to forget to take their assigned dose regularly. But if they somehow fail to take their prescribed dosage on time, take it whenever feasible. But if they are going to take their missed dose almost the time of taking a new dose, they have to take only a new dose. Never take a double dose to manage the missed dose.
Side-Effects of Anastrozole 1mg
It may happen that after taking this medicine, many patients face side –effects. Some side effects do not persist in the long term and patients do not need to worry about mitigating all of these. These go away automatically. But some side-effects cannot go away within a few days. Patients need to take medical help to eradicate these problems.
- Easily broken bones
- Muscle pain
- Breathing problem
- Vision problem
- Eyes or skin gets yellow
- Itching in vagina
- Stomach pain
- Mood disorder
- Trouble in sleeping ‘
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain
- Sore throats
Drug Interactions of Anastrozole 1mg
- Those patients take tamoxifen, they are not allowed to take this medicine. As tamoxifen reduces the efficacy rate of this medicine.
- If patients take Anastrozole, they should not take other medicines containing estrogen. Even after 3months of stopping this medicine, female patients cannot take birth control pills or any other precautions which are related to estrogen.
- Patients cannot take this medicine along with GnRH agonists.
- Those women who are planning to have a baby or are pregnant should not take this medication. As it may prove harmful for the unborn baby. The breastfeeding women should not consume this medicine as this medicine may pass to the breast milk and becomes toxic for a newborn.
- After taking this medicine patients should not drive a car or do something which demands a lot of mental attention. After taking this pill, many patients feel dizzy and their vision changes.
- While taking this medicine, patients need to control their habit of drinking alcohol. Drinking alcohol worsens dizziness.
- While under medication, patients should not smoke.
- If patients have serious kidney or liver disease, they need to avoid taking this medicine. Otherwise, they have to talk to a doctor regarding this issue. Even if patients take this tablet, doctors need to monitor the reaction to taking this tablet.
- If patients suffer from the problem of osteoporosis, they should not take this medicine. As this drug can worsen the condition of bones.
- If patients know about their allergic history with Anastrozole or the basic component of this medicine, they need to avoid taking medicine. As this medicine causes itching, rashes to them.
- While taking this medicine, patients need to check their vitamin D and blood cell count frequently under the supervision of a doctor.
- Those women who have a serious issue with a heart attack, should not take this medicine. It may cause serious chest pain. So those patients suffer from the problem of angina pectoris, they also avoid taking this tablet. This medicine may be responsible for raising the level of cholesterol. So if patients have serious heart disease, they need to stay away from this medicine.
- Those patients are suffering from the problem of hypertension, they need to talk to a doctor about taking this medicine.
- Children below 18 years are not allowed to take this medicine.
How to Store?
This medicine should be preserved at normal room temperature like 30 degrees c temperature. Children, animals need to stay away from this medicine. After opening the package, this medicine should be stored in an airtight container. Conserve this medication away from heat, moisture, and sunlight.
Anastrozole 1mg Review
This medicine is one of the effective medicines for women to cure the problem of breast cancer after attaining menopause. Patients should not suggest others take it without having a prescription even if they have the same problem. Patients can take this medicine for a longer period only if the doctor suggests doing so.
If after taking this medicine for a few days patients feel some improvement, they cannot stop taking this medicine. They have to complete the full course of taking this medicine. Patients are not allowed to start or stop taking medicine abruptly without talking to a doctor.