About A Ret Gel 0.025%
A Ret Gel 0.025% is the popularly used medication to treat a variety of skin conditions which include acne. It is a man-made retinoid or a synthetic retinoid.
It is used for dermatological uses. This drug is not shown to be habit-forming. It is a topical gel. It contains the drug tretinoin. This medicine can be easily availed from any nearby pharmacy after getting a prescription from a doctor.
A Ret Gel 0.025% Composition
Tretinoin, a very effective retinoic acid, is the drug contained in A Ret gel. It is a retinoic acid also called all trans-Vitamin A acid or all-trans-retinoic acid. It is a part of first-generation retinoids.
Manufacturer of A Ret Gel 0.025%
Menarini India PVT LTD. manufactures A Ret Gel.
Uses of A Ret Gel 0.025%
This cream reduces the drying and the scaly surfaces of the skin.
- It reduces wrinkles.
- It is mostly used to remove acne which presents as sports or pimples on the skin of your face, neck, and back.
- It reduces the postulates and papules formed on the skin.
- It reduces the photo aging of the skin. It helps to reduce the sagging of loose skin that develops due to prolonged exposure of skin to the sun.
- It treats the rough and leathery structure of the skin.
- With time, it can gradually lead to fading of the pigmented spots on the skin.
- It helps in keeping the pores in the skin open.
- It prevents the clogging of pores.
How Does A Ret Gel 0.025% Work?
The medicine facilitates the deterioration of keratinocytes and prevents horny cells from constraining from each other. Epidermal cell popover is promoted which results in peeling.
No antibacterial action of tretinoin is present. It is one of the first-line drugs to treat acne. Its response is delayed. It may take 6 to 10 weeks to show a response concerning acne.
How to Take A Ret Gel 0.025%?
Wash your hands very properly when you are going to apply this cream. This prevents the bacteria on your hands from infecting your skin. Next, clean the surface of the skin gently or let it air dry for at least twenty minutes.
Then, apply a very small amount of the cream in a very thin layer on the affected skin surface using your fingertips. Also, consult your doctors for any other instructions regarding the proper application of the cream. This gel preparation is to be used topically only.
Not much quantity of A Ret Gel is needed, the size of around a fingernail is enough, apply it in a very thin layer on the skin of the affected area. It should be applied once a day preferably at night as many times as directed by your consulting medical health personnel.
This treatment is available in different strengths and different forms like gel solutions and creams. What works best for you will be decided by the doctor based on your presenting symptoms, age, and response to the treatment.
Inform your doctor if you see no improvement in your symptoms even after using it for 2 weeks. Also, inform your doctor if your side effects do not go away even after using it for a long time.
What If a Dose is Skipped?
In case you miss a dose, apply the cream as soon as you remember about it. If the time for the next application of the medicine is already near then skip the dose that you missed and continue with the original medication routine.
Do not overuse or overdose the cream to compensate for the dose that you missed. This will cause more harm than good and you can develop overdosing symptoms like excessive itching and excessive drying.
Side Effects of A Ret Gel 0.025%
- Tretinoin gel can be rotated with Benzoyl peroxide. This means that one can be used in the morning and the other should be used at night. Do not apply both of them together because benzoyl peroxide accelerates the degradation of tretinoin.
- There is a feeling of stinging of the skin.
- The usage of this gel leads to a feeling of warmth in the skin.
- Irritation of the skin occurs while using this gel. To avoid this side effect, it is recommended that you start using this gel with a lower concentration first and then you can increase the concentration after consulting with your doctor.
- Excessive redness occurs.
- The normal skin color is also gradually lightened.
- This gel increases the sensitivity of the skin to light. To reduce this, you should use this gel at night and you should wear sunscreen during the day. You can also wear protective clothing to prevent exposure of the skin to the sun.
- In dark skin patients, the skin that has been treated also experiences lightning.
- A very common side effect is dryness of the skin and mouth. To prevent this the patient must drink plenty of water. Also, apply moisturizers.
- In some cases, long-term prophylactic therapy causes more harm to the patient than good.
Drug Interactions of A Ret Gel 0.025%
Benzoyl peroxide accelerates the degradation of tretinoin contained in A Ret gel.
The medicine shows some big interactions with a few drugs which outweigh the benefits. The risks are too severe.
Some drugs exhibit moderate Interactions with which tretinoin can be taken in some special circumstances.
Tretinoin contraindications with the following drugs
- Aminolevulinic acid
- Aminolevulinic acid topical
- Benzoyl peroxide topical
- Methyl aminolevulinate topical
- Resorcinol topical
- Salicylic acid topical
- Sulfur topical
- In case you mistakenly apply the gel in the inner lip area or inside the mouth or the nose then immediately rinse the area.
- Take care not to apply the gel to damaged skin or scraped skin.
- Do not use products that may contain lime, alcohol, or menthol such as astringents, toners, and shaving creams.
- Avoid getting the gel in your eyes. If it happens by mistake then immediately rinse your eyes with water. Contact your doctor immediately to prevent any sort of damage to your eyes.
- Also, make sure that you wash your hands after you finish applying the medicine as well.
- Due to its teratogenic effects, women who are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant should avoid using this gel as it can cause birth defects.
- This gel is also not safe to use while breastfeeding. This medication can be passed to the baby through breast milk and may harm the baby.
- Do not use A Ret gel if you are allergic to vitamin A or any other constituent of this cream.
- Do not get any hair removal treatment like waxing, while using the gel.
- Do not use any medical treatment or harsh and abrasive soaps.
- A Ret gel also reacts negatively with sunburned skin and skin with eczema. Therefore, patients suffering from the above two conditions should not use this gel.
How to Store?
Store A Ret gel in a cool and dry place and make sure to avoid storing it in a humid place or at a place with direct sunlight. A temperature below 30 degrees Celsius is preferred. Keep it safely away from the reach of your children and your pets as well.
A Ret Gel 0.025% Review
A Ret gel has been proven extremely effective in treating skin conditions like acne vulgaris.
There are no reviews yet.